QUIET TIME !!

LEARNERS
Dag Heward-Mills

READ: Proverbs 1:5-7


Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls
Matthew 11:29

Pastors are often the opposite of children. It is a grave mistake because they cannot be taught anything any longer. Many pastors do not bother to listen to preaching messages. Most pastors would never respond to an altar call, no matter how much they needed the prayer. We are so conscious of ourselves and would not like to look foolish before anyone.
Because pastors are so different from children, they are unable to enter various aspects of the Kingdom. Childlikeness is required to enter every other department of the Kingdom of God. You will not enter a higher dimension of preaching or church growth because you refuse to be childlike. A child is ready to learn something new. A child believes that he doesn’t know everything. Children believe almost every fairy tale. But you believe almost nothing.
I have had to be childlike to improve my preaching. I have constantly modified my style and approach to preaching. I realized that my people were more open to stirring, rousing and exciting preaching. I decided to learn how to do that from those who were good at it.
I had to be childlike and open to a completely different kind of ministry. Childlikeness in the ministry will enable you to learn from anyone including people below you and people you don’t respect. You will never look down on another man of God and consider him to be irrelevant. You will know that there is something to learn from everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PUT THE SPOTLIGHT ON JESUS' FINISHED WORK - PS JOSEPH PRINCE

TAKE AUTHORITY - PS JOSEPH PRINCE